Donald Eugene Watson
Date of Birth: May 12, 1935
Place of Birth: Wichita, Kansas
Debra Jean (8/8/56)
Heather Jane (9/5/62)
Scott Jacob (11/13/64 - 10/29/86)
AB: University of Kansas, Chemistry (1955)
MD: University of Kansas Medical Center (1959)
Intern: University of Kansas Medical Center (1959-1960)
Fellow: Albert Einstein College of Medicine (neurophysiology) (1960-1963)
Fellow: University of Washington (physiology and biophysics) (1963-1965)
Resident in Psychiatry: UC, Irvine (1973-1976)
License: G-24623 (California)
Diplomate: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (1978)
Voluntary and Community Activities, Partial Listing
California Medical Association (retired)
Orange County Medical Association (retired)
Orange County Society of Clinical Hypnosis (Past President)
Society for Scientific Exploration (member)
Institute of Noetic Sciences (member)
Founder and Former Chairman, Clean Air Coordinating Committee
Former State Chairman, Californians for Environmental Quality
Organizer and Founder, Society of Professional Scientists and Engineers
at the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory
Member, American Mensa, Ltd.
Senior Research Fellow, International Society for Philosophical Enquiry
Member of Board, International Academy of Philosophy
1959 - 1960: Intern, Univ. Kansas Med. Ctr., Kansas City, KS
1960 - 1963: Postdoctoral Fellow (USPHS) Neurophysiology, Albert Einstein
College of Medicine, New York, NY
1960 - 1962: Instructor, Physiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
1962 - 1963: Assistant Professor, Physiology, Albert Einstein College of
1963 - 1965: Special Fellow (USPHS), Membrane Physiology and Biophysics,
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WN
1965 - 1973: Senior Scientist, Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, Biomedical
Division, University of California, Livermore, CA
1973 - 1976: Resident, Psychiatry, University of California, Irvine (UCI),
1975: Chief Resident, Psychiatry, University of California, Irvine
1976 - 1977: Staff Psychiatrist, Assistant Ward Chief and Forensic Psychiatrist,
UCI Medical Center
1976 - 1977: Clinical Instructor, Psychiatry, UCI Medical Center
1977 - 1989: Assistant Clinical Professor, Psychiatry, UCI Medical Center
1976 - 1989: Private Practice of Psychiatry, Santa Ana, CA. (retired)
1978 - 1980: Medical Director, CPC Santa Ana Psychiatric Hospital, Santa
1991 - 1995: Advisor to Board, Orange County University School of Law.
1990 - 1997: Consultant, utilization review, psychiatry, Unicare/Cost Care
1998 - present: Director, James Clerk Maxwell Project, Human Energy Systems
Laboratory, University of Arizona
1998 - present: Member, Editorial Board, The Noetic Journal
Telicom articles (ISPE)
- D.E. Watson, P.R. Schloerb and D.C. Darrow, "Carbon
Dioxide Loss from Burned Skin," Surgical Forum 10:, 355 (1960).
- D.E. Watson, D.C. Darrow, H. Hanna and C.J. Kaiser, "Tissue Composition
of Adrenalectomized Rats: Effects of a Short Fast with and without Injection
of Hydrocortisone and Desoxycorticosterone," Metabolism 12: 452 (1965).
- G.A. Morrill and D.E. Watson, "Transmembrane
Electropotential Changes in Amphibian Eggs at Ovulation, Activation, and First
Cleavage," J. Cell Physiol. 67: 85 (1966).
- G.A. Morrill, J. Rosenthal and D.E. Watson, "Membrane Permeability Changes
in Amphibian Eggs at Ovulation," J. Cell Physiol. 67: 375 (1966).
- G.A. Morrill, A.B. Kostellow and D.E. Watson, "The Electropotential Difference
between the Blastocoel and the External Medium in Amphibian Embryo; Its Similarity
to the Adult Frog Skin Trans-skin Potential," Life Sciences 5: 705
- D.E. Watson, "The Location of the Iodide Pump," in Program Book for
the Advisory Committee for Biology and Medicine of the U.S. Atomic Energy
Commission, Part 2, UCRL-14739, 109 (1966).
- D.E. Watson and D.M. Yee, "Mechanism of the Iodide Pump,"
in Program Book for the Meeting of the AEC Bio-Medical Program Directors,
p. 35 (1967).
- D.E. Watson and D.M. Yee, "Behaviour of Ag/AgCl Electrodes
in Solutions Containing both Cl- and I-," Electrochimica
Acta 14: 1143 (1969).
- D.E. Watson and D.M. Yee, "Rate of I-Cl Exchange for
Ag/AgCl Electrodes in Solutions Containing both I- and Cl-,"
Electrochimica Acta 16: 549 (1971).
- D.E. Watson, The Risk of Carcinogenesis
from Long-term Low-dose Exposure to Pollution Emitted by Fossil-fueled Power
Plants, University of California, Lawrence Radiation Laboratory Report
- D.E. Watson, "Comparative Environmental Costs of Various Energy Sources;
a Perspective," in Proc. Health Physics Soc. Sixth Ann. Topical Symp. on
Radiation Protection Standards, Vol II, p. 336 (1971). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, "Goals of Cost-Benefit
Analysis in Electrical Power Production" in Risk vs Benefit Analysis:
Solution or Dream?, H.J. Otway, Ed., Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory
Report No. LA-4860-MS (1971). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, Cost-Benefit Relations in Air Quality
Standards: Biomedical Research for Assessing the Health Costs of Air Pollution,
Lawrence Radiation Laboratory Report UCRL-51282 (1972).
- D.E. Watson, A Study of Comparative Health Costs of Nuclear and Fossil
Fuels; Review and Commentary, Lawrence Radiation Laboratory Report UCRL-00926
- D.F. DeFrancisco and D.E. Watson, "Chronic
Crisis in a Family; A Father with Leukemia," in The Experience of Dying,
E.M. Pattison, Ed., Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, NJ (1977).
- D.E. Watson, "Psychiatric Aspects of Critical Care,"
Audio Cassette Lecture X3-602, National Critical Care Institute of Education,
Feb. 1976. Invited.
- D.E. Watson, "Psychiatric Liaison Services to the
Critical Care Nursing Staff," Critical Care Update! 4: 5 (1977).
- D.E. Watson, "Stress in Retrospect," Critical
Care Update! 4: 12 (1977). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, "Analysis of a Critical Care Unit as a
Dynamic System," Chapter 3 in Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Critical
Care, Second Edition, Donna A. Zschoche, Ed. (1980). Invited.
- D.E. Watson, "Holmesian Skills in Medicine," (ltr) The Western Journal
of Medicine 143: 112, July, 1985.
- D.E. Watson, "If Demons are Real, They're Allergic to Neuroleptics," Psychiatric
Times Essay Contest: (Grand Finalist 3/12/87).
- D.E. Watson, "Personal Computers: Shop for Software First, Then Hardware,"
The Morgan Horse, October, 1989.
- D.E. Watson, "Enformy: The Capacity to Organize," Thinking
on the Edge, 181-189, R. Kapnick, A.A. Kelly, Eds, Agamemnon Press, Burbank,
- D.E. Watson, "The Theory of Enformed Gestalts:
A Model of Life, Mind, Health." Advances: The Journal of Mind-Body
Health 13(4), 32-36 (Fall 1997).
- D.E. Watson, "Memories of Sir
John Eccles." The Noetic Journal 1 (1), p. 1 (1997)
- D.E. Watson, Gary E.R. Schwartz and Linda G.S. Russek, "The
theory of enformed systems: A paradigm of organization and holistic systems."
The Noetic Journal 2(2), pp. 159-172 (April, 1999)
- Schwartz, Gary E. R., Linda G. S. Russek, D. E. Watson, Laurie
Campbell, Susy Smith. Potential Medium to Departed to
Medium Communication of Pictorial Information: Exploratory Evidence Consistent
with Psi and Survival of Consciousness. The Noetic Journal 2(3)
- D.E. Watson & Bernard O.Williams, Eccles' Model of
the Self Controlling Its Brain: The Irrelevance of Dualist-Interactionism.
NeuroQuantology 1:119-128 January, 2003
- Solomon Reversed on Appeal, Telicom, X,
18: 36, Feb, 1992.
- True Beliefs-I, Telicom X, 20: 44, Apr,
- True Beliefs-II: Autistic Certainty, Telicom
XI, 7: 43, Apr, 1993.
- The Legal Model vs the Psychological Model,
Telicom XI, 15: 43, Feb, 1994.
Sanctuary for Minds, Telicom XI, 17: 31, May, 1994.
- Are We `Nothing but a Pack of Neurons'? Telicom
XI, 25: 62, Feb, 1995.
- The Corrupting Influence of the Legal Faith,
Telicom XI, 30: 48, Aug, 1995.
- The Suicide Test, AI's Holy Grail, Telicom
XI, 33: 50, Nov, 1995.
D.E. Watson and V.E. Amassian, "Synaptic Organization
of Motor Cortex," Physiologist 4: 131 (1961).
G.A. Morrill and D.E. Watson, "Transmembrane Potential Changes During Fertilization
of R. pipiens Eggs," Fed. Proc. 21: 149 (1962).
D.M. Yee and D.E. Watson, "Specificity of Ion Selective Electrodes in Heterogeneous
Solutions," Proc. 20th Ann. Conf. on Eng. in Med. and Biol., p.
- D.E. Watson, "Enformy and Enformed Gestalts: A
Radical Theory of Consciousness," Paper presented at Annual Meeting of
the Society for Scientific Exporation, June 5-7, 1997. The Explorer
13(2&3) p. 4. (Spring/Summer 1997). [Abstract]
- D.E. Watson, G.E.R. Schwartz and L.G.S. Russek, "A
Comprehensive Theory of Consciousness I: Enformy and Enformed Systems."
Consciousness Research Abstracts: Toward a Science of Consciousness (Tucson
III) p. 137 (1998) [Abstract]
- G.E.R. Schwartz, L.G.S. Russek and D.E. Watson, "A
Comprehensive Theory of Consciousness II: A Theory of Meta-systems." Consciousness
Research Abstracts: Toward a Science of Consciousness (Tucson III) p.
138 (1998) [Abstract]
Pal Friday Office Manager, © 1988 Perceptive Publishers.
WorkHorse Series (CheckBooks, AddressBooks, PhoneLog, Executive, Invoicer),
© 1990 Donald E. Watson, MD.
- D.E. Watson, "Insanity is an Illusion that Leads
to Delusion," Los Angeles Times, May 25, 1982.
- D.E. Watson, "Actually, Jury was Judging Prosecution,
Not Hinckley," Orange County Register, June 30, 1982.
- D.E. Watson, "Bird's Feat: Redefining Legal Concepts
as She Sees Fit," Orange County Register, October 27, 1986.
S.J. Watson, (D.E. Watson, ed.), Dreamers Always Win, Perceptive
Publishers, Santa Ana, 1987.
- D.E. Watson, "Buddhist Endocrinology: A Balm for Ailing
Doctors," The Psychiatric Times, December, 1990.
- D.E. Watson, "The Game of Law," Orange County
Register, July 24, 1994.